For A Healthy, Comfortable, Efficient Home!
Pest Damage – Wood Rot – Crawlspace Problems – Poor Indoor Air Quality – Energy Loss
Home performance issues like moisture and humidity problems, indoor air quality and pest infestations are all closely related. They can affect the safety of your home, the energy efficiency and your overall comfort and safety at home. The Home Service Professional at EcoTek understand how these relationships work and know the importance of addressing the issues to find the root causes of home performance issues. Our professional technicians will perform an inspection of your home and then explain which of the services will benefit your situation to give you affordable and effective options to safely maintain your home and protect your largest asset.
The EcoTek Home Services team has more than forty-five years of combine experience in all aspects of home building and repair including crawlspace services and improving energy efficiency. The EcoTek Home Services team understand how houses work and the steps needed to keep your home clean, healthy, dry and comfortable which will help you have an energy efficient home that is pest free. There are steps you can take and repairs that can be done to make much harder for pets to enter your home. Contact us today to schedule a free inspection and consultation.
Independently and Locally Owned – We Know The Virginia Beach Area!
GET YOUR E-PRICE NOW!
- Humidity and Moisture control
- Crawlspace encapsulation
- Mildew and odor mitigation
- Wood rot repair
- Wilde life damage repair
- Termite damage repair
- Pest exclusion and weatherization
EcoTek understands that addressing the areas that allow insects and other pests into your home can also improve your homes overall efficiency. We created the Home Services division to provide repairs for damage caused by termites and other pests and to help prevent future infestations through addressing the issues that can attract them to your home. These steps have the benefit of helping your home to run more efficiently and improve the overall indoor air quality and comfort of your home. The costs to complete these improvement and repairs will be covered by the lowering of your energy bills and by preventing future repairs and extermination treatments.
Many people avoid going into their crawlspaces because they are hot and humid and may smell bad. However, they do not realize that over half of the air that is in your home could be rising from your crawlspace. The damp, musty, moldy and unhealthy air in your crawlspace can be directly affecting the overall health of your family. The moisture in your crawl space and also damage your home by weakening the overall structure. EcoTek offers an effective solution to these issues with the EcoTek Crawlspace Encapsulation service. This service reduces the chance of developing serious issues including:
- Humidity, moisture and standing water in your crawlspace
- Mold, mildew and other fungi
- Structural water damage and wood rot
- Poor indoor quality and related odors
- Conditions that are conducive for termite infestations and other pests
Learn more about the crawlspace encapsulation services and how they can benefit you by eliminating moisture under your home.
Humidity and Moisture Control
Humidity, moisture and standing water can cause serious damage to your home and cause issues with the overall indoor air quality. If you allow these conditions to go untreated, the result may be mold, mild and fungi in your home. You may also end up dealing with crawlspace odors, termite infestations and even wood rot. The professional technicians at EcoTek’s Home Services division has more than forty years of experience specializing in customize and cost-effective moisture management. We can help with moisture management and damage remediation while working to improve your home’s overall performance. Our team can help with:
- Vapor barriers
- Water drainage systems
- Wood rot and moisture damage repairs
- Basement and crawlspace sump pumps
- Dehumidification systems
Learn about the humidity and moisture control services offered by EcoTek.
Wood Rot Repair
Water vapor, condensation, standing water, rain leaks and the resulting splash up can cause wood rot. Wood rot can negatively affect the structural integrity of your home. It can also negatively impact the overall appearance of your home. We can help with any wood rot that you may find around your exterior doors, around the exterior facing areas of your home or in your basement or crawlspace. With more than forty-five years of combined experience construction, residential repairs and moisture management, EcoTek’s Home Services team can repair the wood rot in your home including:
- Exterior rot cause by rainwater splash up including the wall framing, bottom plates, students, trim and siding
- Damage to wood floors and sub floors
- Exterior doors, door thresholds and trim including the brick molding
- Rot in your basement or crawlspace including the mud-sill, rim joists, band joists and floor joists
Schedule an inspection with EcoTek to learn how we can help with wood rot repair around your home including your basement or crawlspace.
Mildew and Odor Mitigation
Many people do not think about the indoor air quality until a family member begins to suffer from the effects of it. A healthy home will not have strong odors coming up from the crawlspace or the basement. Poor air quality can negatively impact all members of your family, but especially those that have issues with asthma, allergies or other respiratory issues. The EcoTek Home Services team has more than forty-five years of experience with moisture and humidity management, indoor air quality improvement and home performance. Our services include:
- Fungicide and Mildewcide Treatments for:
- Basement and Crawlspaces
- Sub-floor and mud-sill
- Floor system including the band joists, floor joists and rim joists
- Replacement of Building Materials That Have Sings of Fungi and Mildew Growth including:
- Floor system including the band joists, floor joists and rim joists
- Sub-floor and mudsill
- Basement and Crawlspace
- Lower interior wall materials including the insulation, drywall and molding or trim
- Elimination of Unpleasant, Musty Orders in Your Home through:
- Moisture mitigation and prevent in the basement, crawlspace and foundation
- Sealing the crawlspace and/or floor barrier
Termite and Wildlife Damage Repair
With infestations from termites, rodents and other wildlife, there is always accompanying damage to your home. Some of the damage may be hidden and quite extensive. This damage may weaken the structural integrity of your home or cause issues with indoor air quality. It is important to have a qualified professional complete a thorough inspection to identify any areas that are damaged and to determine the repairs needed to return your home to its prior condition. The Home Services team has more than forty-five years of combined experience in making repairs to homes and businesses after infestations and other damage. The team can also help with overall home performance. EcoTek can both address any current infestations and then make the repairs to your home including damage caused by
- Termite Damage including structural repairs to mud-sill, wall studs and floor joists
- Rodent Damage including interior gnawing damage to your walls, cabinets and baseboards
- Squirrel Damage including damages to your soffits, and fascia
- Bat Damage including guano removal, HEPA clean up and exclusion barriers
- Other Pest & Wildlife Damage including insulation repairs and replacement and odor mitigation
Eliminating the termites or trapping and removing other pests is just the first step to restoring your home to the way it was before. Our services can include cleanup and repairing the damages that were done to your home.
Pest Exclusion and Weatherization
Many pests including spiders, snakes, squirrels, rats and mice will find their way into your home through the same cracks that allow cold, humid and smelly air into your home. They will take advantage of any areas where electrical, plumbing and HVAC penetrations enter your home and live small cracks. The Pest Exclusion and Weatherization service addresses these cracks and effectively stops both pests and drafts from getting into your home. This will give you a clean, comfortable home that is both healthy and energy efficient. These services include:
- Blocking and screening of vents
- Caulking and targeted spray foam around windows and into other cracks
- Installing crawlspace and floor barrier seals as well as ceiling and attic barrier seals
- Applying a foundation wall seal
- Addressing breaches in the eaves, roof, soffits and fascia
- Repairing issues in the walls, sheathing and siding
EcoTek’s pest exclusion service seals off the building envelope by closing off points entry to keep pests from entering your home. With each of the entry points taken care of, you can rest easy knowing that your home or business is completely protected from pests or other wildlife from finding a way into your home and threatening your safety.